Water Quality Links & Resources
- Amigos Bravos – Friends of the Wild Rivers – Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of the Río Grande watershed.
- NM Office of the State Engineer Water Use and Conservation - Tips and resources for personal water conservation from Office of the State Engineer Water Conservation Program 1-800-WATER-NM (1-800-928-3766)
- Environmental Protection Agency – Water Issues
- Home Repair Loan and Grant Program (Section 504)
Loans and Grant are available for Low-income and over 62 homeowners to upgrade their septic systems or wells through the USDA. Application can be made at our district office in Deming. The contact person is David Robertson 546-9291 ext.4 at the USDA Service Center in Deming.
- Interstate Stream Commission (ISC) -The Office of the State Engineer (OSE) and the Interstate Stream Commission (ISC) are separate but companion agencies charged with administering the state’s water resources.
- New Mexico Environment Department -
This link is to the organizational structure and shows an overview of the various departments overseeing both ground and surface water in NM. Locally in Grant County:
- Silver City NPS Offices (District III)
3082 32nd Street By-Pass Road Suite D
Silver City, NM 88061
Phone – (575) 388-1934
Fax – (575) 388-3258
- New Mexico Office of the State Engineer – The Office of the State Engineer (OSE) and the Interstate Stream Commission (ISC) are separate but companion agencies charged with administering the state’s water resources. The agencies have power over the supervision, measurement, appropriation and distribution of almost all surface and ground water in New Mexico, including streams and rivers that cross state boundaries.
- New Mexico Water Resources Research Institute – The Institute funds research to address water problems critical to New Mexico and the southwest. The Institute has a small staff primarily for research administration. The research is conducted by faculty and their students in the state’s universities.
- Regional Water Planning Handbook – For the complete text of the booklet produced by the Interstate Stream comission to guide Regional Water Planning efforts across New Mexico.
- Upper Gila Watershed Alliance (UGWA) is a grassroots and community-based conservation organization that operates from the rural communities of Gila and Cliff, New Mexico.
- USGS Water Resources